Thanks to everyone who has participated in our Virtual Marathon.
Today is the last day last day to complete your individual challenges and good luck to all the runners in the London Marathon.
We hope to see many of you at our medal ceremony on Friday.
Thank You and Well Done
We’re looking forward to seeing everyone back at school tomorrow for the start of the Summer Term.
We hope all of our children, young people and their families enjoy their Easter/Spring break.
We look forward to welcoming everyone back on Tuesday 17th of April .
Good luck to those of you who have signed up for the Virtual Marathon Festival.
Enjoy your eggs-ercise!
It’s time to get your walking/running/hopping/jumping shoes on for the Oaklands Virtual Marathon!
Annie, (our wonderful Speech and Language Assistant), has put in a power of work to get it up and running and we now have a Facebook page on which you can upload your photos.
HOW TO TAKE PART
- Confirm you want to take part by either emailing email@example.com by 27th March (but we can stretch this for any latecomers!), confirming your name and the best way to contact you. (email, text, through a school pupil/member of staff, some other way) or completing and returning the attached slip.
- Make your donation by either:
- Transferring £10 to the school fund:
Account Name – Oaklands School Fund
Sort Code – 83-18-47
Account – 00645489
ensuring that the reference is “VMF plus your name” (eg VMF Preston); or
- Handing £10 in to the school, with the slip attached.
- Once your donation has been received, you will receive confirmation that you are part of the challenge.
- Complete the 26.2 miles between 28th March and 22nd April, and keep track of it. Use your Fitbit, a mobile app, or any other creative way you can think of!
- Confirm that you have completed the distance.
- On receiving confirmation, you will receive an Oaklands VMF medal!
Hope you didn’t forget to put your clocks forward on Saturday?
I don’t know what time it is where you are, but at Oaklands, It’s Innowalk o’clock!
Yes, it’s here! The first (proud) school in Scotland to have an Innowalk! Many of our younger and smaller pupils will see significant benefits from being able to use this regularly.
Although this one was bought due to a budget rearrangement, we’re very hopeful that our fantastic fundraising campaign, coupled with impending charitable trust status will mean that we are able to raise enough to buy a larger Innowalk for our older and taller pupils.
Wow! What a night it was!
Team Oaklands was at its very best last night when our community came together to raise an incredible £1700 for our #WalkTallWithOaklands, Innowalk fundraising campaign.
Thanks to everyone who came along, sponsored a horse, or race, or contributed in some way to an amazing night last night.
From Leila’s dad’s handstand, to Sophie and Ellen’s enthusiastic comparing, to ‘race horse’ Anke being ‘bought’ for £200 by Jude, a lovely friend of Oaklands.
It was a night full of joy, laughter and pride in our wonderful Team Oaklands.
Huge THANK YOUS to:
- Spartans FC for the very generous use of their function suite and warm hospitality.
- Scran Academy and our Senior pupils for the delicious food.
- All the staff, families and friends who came along and made the night so special.
- Sophie Graham (PSA S1-3), who organised and arranged the whole effort including roping in her lovely brother Andy Graham to do the technical wizardry with the races!
Same time next year anyone?!
Fiona (PT) and I had a fantastic night at Dunbar swimming pool where the wonderful Dunbar swimmers took part in a sponsored swim to raise money for our Innowalk campaign .
What a talented and inspiring bunch of people. We were tired just watching!
Thanks so much to Sharon (PE coach) and all involved!